The Alien Zookeeper’s Guide to Breastfeeding
Resources – my favorites! Great wheels – I’m not going to reinvent them!
- Excellent information, handouts, books, DVDs, as well as video clips you can’t afford to miss!
- Information for making an informed decision on infant sleeping
- Personally, my favorite web resource after Dr. Jack Newman’s
- Laid-Back breastfeeding, information, resources and video clip
- Skin to skin – not just for preterm babies!
- Excellent source for attachment parenting and fussy baby
DVDs to purchase:
There are many online videos – I’ve listed them below in the online video section.
If you are going to purchase any breastfeeding DVDs, these are some I’d recommend:
Biological Nurturing Laid-Back Breastfeeding For Mothers by Suzanne Colson
Baby-Led Breastfeeding The Mother-Baby Dance by Christina Smillie
Follow Me Mum by Rebecca Glover – online version available!
DVD to borrow:
- An excellent video, I wouldn’t recommend purchasing it – it’s great to see, but not something you need to watch more than once, and it’s only six minutes long. However, if you can borrow it from a childbirth instructor or La Leche League, it’s well worth watching.
Free online videos:
- Amazing video
- Jack Newman has a great collection of video clips – all are worth seeing!
- As a minimum, I recommend watching Hand Expression before baby is born:
“What Happens to Breastfeeding When Mothers Lie Back?” by Suzanne Colson
“Newborn Hands: Why are they always in the way while breastfeeding?” San Diego Breastfeeding Center, LLC
For a clinical article From USLCA – “Facilitating Autonomous Infant Hand Use During Breastfeeding” by Catherine Watson Genna